Wednesday 25 June 2008

An unfortunate anniversary

It's one year and 2 days since my first post in this blog. I had hoped to be clear of cancer by now. Alas it was not to be. In early April 2008, 2 days after the radio-oncoligist shook my hand and congratulated me on being a cancer survivor, I felt what was then a small lump which I hoped was a hemoroid. Since then it has grown quite large. A case of here we go again......

I still don't know exactly what the mass is. I've been told it is most likely a re-occurence of liposarcoma going on the MRI. As I've posted before Friday is verdict day. Anything is possible. I'm assuming there will be quite an ordeal ahead so I might as well enjoy a few days of peace and quiet while I can.

This blog will be my main blog for a while until I know how things will evolve. I'd still like to pursue hobbies and pastimes such as 3D graphics and virtual aircraft creation. However I'd guess sitting will become progressively difficult, (not mention going to the toilet). Pain wise things vary greatly on a day to day basis. Some days are almost pain free... others level 5-6 pain for several hours. There appears to be an element of infection involved, with both pain and massive itching at times. The left buttock is affected too from time to time.

Rob

No comments: