Monday 16 June 2008

Mixed Weekend.

On the positive side of things I upped my exercise quotient quite a lot, going for several long walks at a hard pace. There are certainly plenty of hill to walk up, thus giving my heart a good bit of exercise as well as my legs. The walks were invigorating though I possibly went a bit over the U-curve yesterday (Sunday) as my nose started to run due to the strain toward the end of the walk and I felt a little bit flat. The island is beautiful with an abundance of birds, the weather being very mild for winter.

On the downside the walk possibly aggravated the new growth causing it to become quite swollen. It was very painful and I had to turn in early last night.

The mass doesn't seem as large today. It is very inflamed and there is much much pain in the groin, crotch, upper thigh and genitals as well as the mass in my backside. As usual I still think there is some sort of infection involved.

I can recall one of my GP's back in 2000 during a period of illness, musing at an x-ray of my spine, pointing out areas of the x-ray of concern to him saying ".... a touch of spinal cancer perhaps?" While stroking his beard. I said "Just a touch eh?" (It wouldn't want to be much more than a touch.) I pointed out that antibiotics appeared to break up the pain and take the bite out of it. He said "Ah.... if only a little pill could cure all this...." (Diabetics can get an infected spine from ordinary every day bacteria.) Of course I'd love it if a little pill could indeed cure what currently afflicts me.

I didn't get a good night's sleep last night being in a fair bit of pain and discomfort which disturbed my sleep a fair bit. Today has been restful in comparison though I haven't been able to do all that I intended. I have had better days.

Still no appointment letters or news from the hospital :( I did send an email to their enquiry addy on Friday in addition to my calls. I'm starting to wonder if they exist. I'll call again tomorrow.

Rob

No comments: