Thursday 12 June 2008

On a good news note.....

Despite the possible spread of liposarcoma to my backside (still hoping it's infection), my leg still continues to slowly recover from surgery. It is now a lot less painful and I am reasonably mobile. I notice gradual improvement almost week by week. The only thing I can't do very well is bend over and pick an object off the ground or squat down. Tying my shoelaces when out and about is very difficult.

I went into to Brisbane today to lodge a claim for superannuation access and enjoyed quite a pleasant day. It's times like that when one notices these improvements. It was a beautiful day despite being winter.... about 26°C. The sea on the Bay was almost like glass. If only I had a camera.

Still no word from the hospital..... looks like I've been forgotten right enough. I'll make an appointment to see my GP next Monday/Tuesday and maybe he can move things along. I'm tempted to phone the hospital again tomorrow, as ortho-oncology outpatients are on Friday mornings.... we'll see.

Rob

No comments: