Saturday 24 May 2008

Bad News: Cancer appears to have spread :(

I've been meaning to update this blog for a while. It's taken me much longer to recover from the radio therapy than I thought. Anyway for the last six weeks a lump has been developing in my backside (i.e. arse, ass, bum, derrière or whatever one may wish to call it.)

I saw my general practitioner about it a month ago. He told me to contact the hospital via their outpatient system. I saw them two weeks ago. They immediately arranged an urgent MRI scan which fortunately took place on Monday of last week. I had my follow up outpatients review yesterday and I was told that it does look like a spread of the liposarcoma. I was going to say what a bummer!! However perhaps I'm being a bit too flippant. I've read of liposarcoma being referred to as a notorious killer. Of all the cancer's to have..... :(

Arrangements are being made to carry out a needle biopsy, ct scan, pet scan and an ENT review. I'll find out more on Tuesday. My poor old backside and groin are very painful :(

More posts to follow :(

Rob

No comments: