Wednesday 5 September 2007

So far so good!!

Just a quick update as I haven't posted in a while. Today will be day 20 of my radio therapy treatment and all is generally well so far. The area being treated is a little bit red, sometimes a bit itchy and occasionally stings, but not really what I would call troublesome. I have another six treatments to go including today's, then a bit of a rest, review and then planning for the next stage, surgery. I would guess surgery will probably be sometime in October.

I am quite pleased with myself as I have to commute daily to & from hospital which can be quite a journey... only just over an hour getting there but sometimes 3 hours returning home depending on timetables. Treatment itself only takes a few minutes. The staff of the radio-oncology unit are friendly & professional. The reason I am pleased is that the nurses said I would never manage to commute back & forwards due to the side effects from the treatment. However one of the doctors told me that being in the leg treatment will not cause too many side effects. I was very fatigued last Friday but freshened up over the weekend.

I have a slight cold developing and I hope that does not mess things up. I have been spending the time I have at home with my hobbies.

1 comment:

ab said...

Best wishes. Your writings flight simulator blogs are great.