Friday 26 October 2007

Radiation therapy still working.

Even though radiation burns had largely healed and swelling subsided 2+ weeks ago, stinging and burning is still happening, indeed it is worse these last 3 days than it was last week. It appears to develop & flair up overnight.

I am still treating with aqueous cream, along with vitamin E cream & tea tree oil on a daily basis. The burning appears to develop overnight. I could swear that the mass has still further shrunk since the MRI scan two weeks ago.

I was also told on Tuesday that the tumour was now 12 1/2 cm on its largest axis. It was previously scanned as being 15 cm. I also think it may have further grown by a couple of cm between between the original MRI scan in June and the commencement of radiotherapy in August. I have read of liposarcomas 13 inches (33 cm) being resected.... that is big!!

The tumour is now nice & soft too. I barely notice it while travelling on the ferry. Actually the main area of discomfort is in the groin region of the thigh, however I think that is caused by a different disease process. As I keep saying..... more later ;) LOL.

cheers

Rob

No comments: